Me!

Me!

About Me

My photo
I'm a mommy to four unique little spirits who challenge me daily and help me grow! Married to my best friend for 12 blissful years. Stay-at-home-work-my-ass-off mother of four. Han Ban Bu Belt in kwon Shu karate. Driver of mauve colored Town and Country mini-van...You gotta love the mini van!

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A time for Thanks

What would "Thanksgiving" be without the actual giving of thanks? This is my tribute and thank you to the people that influence me, love me and keep me strong!

My mom and dad are the foundation of everything I am. They are a constant example of love, patience and faith. Everyone loves their parents, but I love them as much more than that. They are also my friends, my guides and sometimes even my banking associates! :) They taught me to love unconditionally, never to judge those who are different from myself, to be strong, to be caring, to keep my head up when feeling down and to be myself. I love you both!



I am so blessed to be from a large family of wonderful individuals! My siblings have been my life long best friends and I am the better person for it! I could tell stories until the end of days about our fantasy childhood but instead I'll give a few examples that only they may understand: The mattresses on the stairs, the large folding sock bin, roller skates with sheets in the wind, mattresses doubling as a go cart, Olsen's back yard (stream tunnel included!), "You can't touch the Floor!", playing Poison in the front yard, The Spencer's, the annual Christmas play, Boo La Boo La, "this is a spoon", "Q!! 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Splash!", folding up Tom in the station wagon seat while checking into a hotel, shoe vomit in Yellowstone, the puke bucket, "Dad has elastics! Run!", "dad has the hose, Run faster!", 4th of July back yard camping, 2 song mini records from Tom, Pepper passing out during Christmas play and last but not least Chicken Pot, Chicken Pot, Chicken pot PIEEEEEEEE!



Then there's this guy. This incredibly, amazing, loving, seriously-bordering-perfection guy! I can't even begin to imagine life without him. He rescues my heart and soul daily, saves me from myself, keeps me grounded, makes me smile non-stop, has the gift of knowing just what to say, loves me as much as I love him, is the only person in the world that could make me as happy as he does, always holds my hand, takes care of our special little children with all the love and patience I could ask for, knows who he is and where he came from, has a strong testimony that helps me remember mine, is motivated and persistent, sets goals and makes them reality, remembers Valentine's Day every year, works harder then even he is physically capable of, puts his family first, tells me he loves me several times per day and makes me proud to be his wife. I am truly blessed and for all these things, I give thanks!

1 comment:

Summer said...

Hey, Katie! I promise I don't always check everyone who visits my blog- we had to wip our hard drive because of a virus and I wanted to remove my IP address from the FeedJit and ta-dum, there you were. ;D

I love this post! I love that you know what a blessing a strong loving family is- not everyone has it, and it's nice to hear about for those that don't!

Here's to another remembered Valentine's Day.. ;D